2008-02-12

The Redman interview


Sökte lite på Reggie Noble och hittade en pulig intervju då han hade blivit inbjuden av några snubbar från Microsoft för att testa spelet Def Jam Icon. Ni har (delar av) den här.

Def Jam Icon ships today to PS3 and Xbox 360. EA was in town and they arranged for me to interview Redman and play the game with him. It was really exciting to meet him.

Redman enters

MDS: How’s it going?
Redman: It’s just the bomb, man. The bomb. Smoked this (holds up mostly smoked blunt) We all ready for business.

Someone offers Redman a light. The lighter is green.

Redman: That’s a good color.
MDS: Green’s a good color, eh?

Redman lights blunt.

MDS: I gotta tell you, Redman. I am a huge fan of yours. Much of my time in the mid ‘90’s was spent playing video games and listening to your music.
Redman: And getting high.
MDS: OK, OK. I wasn’t going to come right out and say it. And getting high.
MDS: The other thing is that I grew up in NJ
Redman: What part?
MDS: Millburn. So a lot of the places that you sing about, like Irvington
Redman: East Orange, Plainfield, Springfield
MDS: Yeah, I always get a huge kick out of that
Redman: Nice. Nice.
MDS: So, how do you like the game?
Redman: I think the fucking game is fucking fabulous.
MDS: That’s your official quote?
Redman: Yes. I’m still trying to learn the motherfucker.
MDS: Did you play games when you were a little kid?
Redman: I had Atari. I had Coleco. So, yeah. I even had a Jaguar when it was out for a minute. I played a lot as a kid, but when I was introduced to Doom it took it to another level.
MDS: Oh, yeah!
Redman: I’m a first person shooter kind of gamer.
MDS: Totally. Doom2 totally changed my life. (High fives all around)
Redman: Yeah, man. I always wanted to meet the motherfuckers who did Doom.
MDS: I used to work at the NJ Medical School, on South Orange Ave in Newark. I was a network administrator and I built this whole setup so we could play Doom over the network after work.
Redman: Nice
MDS: We would play all night. It was awesome.
Redman: Wasn’t that shit weird, man.
MDS: There was nothing like that.
Redman: Nothing like that in the fucking world.

Resten av intervjun.
http://images.google.se/imgres?imgurl=http://games.mattsarrel.com/images/playing_opt.jpg&imgrefurl=http://games.mattsarrel.com/general/events/&h=576&w=768&sz=75&hl=sv&start=11&um=1&tbnid=zIdmz0tGvl5eUM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=142&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dredman%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dsv%26rlz%3D1T4HPEA_svSE251SE251%26sa%3DN




1 comment:

Jakob said...

På tal om redman så har han en djävligt clean crib: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRLIlsImAwU